There can be nothing sweeter than the feeling of having chocolate melt on your taste buds and to indulge in the aroma surrounding this food of the Gods.
Chocolate when consumed in moderate quantities is actually very healthy. Dark chocolate in particular is preferred around the globe and is appealing for the health benefits it offers.
Benefits of consuming authentic chocolate in limits.
- Flavonoid content inside a chocolate bar enhances the working of your heart. It reduces the risk of heart attack or even a stroke. It lowers bad cholesterol or LDL and maintains good cholesterol or HDL.
- The presence of antioxidants in a bar of chocolate protects from cancer by neutralizing cancer cell production and diminishing the damage to the responsible cells. Regular minimal consumption can help keep colon cancer at bay.
- Shocking, but true! A bar of dark chocolate can help treat diabetes. The flavonoids in chocolate help improvise glucose balance or inflammation markers, which mainly trigger diabetes. Dark chocolate of at least 70% cacao content also supports insulin sensitivity. Consumption in limits every day can lower your chances of having diabetes provided you consume the right kind of chocolate.
- It helps improve your brain function by increasing the blood flow to your mind. Chocolate can make you active and boost your performance with daily tasks.
- Chocolate also helps to lower blood pressure levels.
- Consumption of chocolate can help relieve cough and cold.
- It helps to strengthen vision by increasing supply of oxygen and nutrients to the blood vessels connecting to the eyes.
- Chocolate can also help keep neurological disorders at bay.
- Eating chocolate releases serotonin, which is an instant mood lifter. chocolate can literally make you happier!
- Having chocolate decreases the risk of any type of stroke.
- Consuming dark chocolate in moderation helps your skin too. The polyphenols and flavonoids in your chocolate bar helps to protect your skin against UV ray damage. Antioxidants in chocolates can help you combat signs of ageing too!
- For hair, consuming chocolates improves blood circulation to the scalp which benefits and strengthens hair and helps combat hair fall. Chocolate also helps keep your scalp free of dandruff.
These amazing health benefits listed out may seem too good to be true, and in a way that is almost true. What researchers and experts mean when they list out health benefits of eating chocolate are conditional. The key is to find chocolates that are made without toxic additives and have a higher cacao content, less sugar and milk content and are made using the finest ingredients in a controlled and safe environment.
So next time you sit to enjoy your piece of delicious chocolate, remember all the benefits it can provide!